For anyone who is in recruitment and wants to headhunt someone, here’s some rules..
1) Actually READ that person’s CV PROPERLY. You have eyes in your head, use them.
2) Don’t brief a person for something they clearly do not want to do.
3) Ramble. We’re not here to listen to your constant blabber – get to the point or get off my phone line.
4) Get arssy when they say, they’re not looking for a new job.
5) Insist on getting hold of that person’s contacts. I don’t know you, therefore I won’t pass on the details of my friends.
6) Insist your ‘refer a friend’ is better than anyone elses… a few beers won’t make you my new best friend.
Some recruiters really baffle me.